A 12 yard skip also known as a maxi skip is the largest skip we offer in our skip hire service. These generously sized skips are ideal for smaller commercial or industrial projects and some larger domestic settings.
The roomy 12 yard skip size is ideal for:
- Some small-scale construction tasks
- Commercial construction projects such as those on small retail outlets
- Removing furniture from apartment blocks or hotels
- Collecting rubble when demolishing small buildings or parts of a building
- Large-scale landscaping projects
Find out exactly what can and can’t go into a skip.
How big is a 12 yard skip?
The skip dimensions are 12 cubic yards specifically. Here are some other metrics to understand 12 yard skip dimensions:
- A 12 yard skip in cubic metres is 9.2m3
- A 12 yard skip in feet is 13 x 6 x 6 ft
- The number of black bin bags you can fit in a 12 yard skip is roughly 110
- A 12-yard skip can carry up to eight tonnes of weight
See more skip dimensions including other sizes on our skip size chart.
12 yard skip costs
We make hiring a skip easy. Simply go to our book a skip page to enter your postcode and find your address. We’ll need to know if one is enough or if you need to order several at once, for example, for a large commercial construction project. We’ll also need the dates your plan to have your skip for.